Sunday, January 22, 2006

Chocolate Puddle Pudding

Another recipe from k via a friend of her's. I haven't tested it out yet but I trust k's taste so I'm putting it straight on here. A I expect you to make this - maybe tonight.

8oz plain choc broken into pieces
½ pt milk
2 tablespoons brandy (optional) (yeah- right!)
2oz unsalted butter softened
5oz caster sugar
2 eggs separated
1oz self raising flour
1oz cocoa powder
Cocoa powder for dusting

Put the chocolate in a small saucepan with the milk and heat gently until the chocolate has melted. Stir in the brandy.
Beat together the butter and sugar until pale and creamy. Gradually beat in the egg yolks, flour, cocoa and melted chocolate mixture.
Whisk the egg whites in a separate bowl until they hold their shape. Using a large metal spoon, fold a quarter of the egg whites into the chocolate mixture, then fold into the rest of the egg whites.
Turn into a 2 ½ pt pie dish and place the dish in a roasting tin. Pour a 1” depth of boiling water into the tin Bake in a preheated oven 180 C for about 35 mins until a crust has formed.
Dust generously with cocoa powder and serve hot with whipped cream.


This Recipe came from Julia. My notes:

I made this in 9 small ramekins and reduced the cooking time to about 20 minutes. Whatever container you use do not over-fill as the mixture rises a little during cooking and you would not want to waste any of this pudding!

2 Comments:

At 12:30 PM, Blogger Zoozan said...

Thanks liddy, let me know if I need to put a conversion table in somewhere for American measures. And if you have any great recipes I'd love to see them

 
At 2:02 AM, Blogger NewYorkMoments said...

I'm totally going to try this! I'm craving chocolate today!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home