Sunday, January 08, 2006

Mumo’s Potato Salad

This differs from the potato salads we normally have that have mayonnaise in them and also this one is served warm. It’s lovely and makes a nice change.





1 kg (2 lbs) potatoes (get waxy potatoes not floury ones – cyprus potatoes are good )
1/3 litre hot chicken stock (made from a stock cube)
½ tablespoon finely chopped onion
3 to 4 tablespoon vinegar
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon of chopped chives (or the green bits from spring onions)
1 tablespoon of chopped parsley
salt, pepper to taste


Cook the potatoes until they are soft then when they’ve cooled a bit, peel the skins off and cut them into slices about the thickness of a pound coin .


Put the potatoes into a large bowl and add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Season with the salt and pepper.

2 Comments:

At 4:31 AM, Blogger Sideways Chica said...

Yum. Looks like a great recipe for the Super Bowl Sunday party I just got "talked" into throwing. And me, I only watch for the commercials. I'll let you know how it comes out. Thanks!

BTW, I miss you in my "round table." Stop by if you get the chance. :)

Ciao, Teri

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger Zoozan said...

I'm a good cook, Marcus. Not gourmet but a good home cook. It's a passion

 

Post a Comment

<< Home